Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Friends of Fort Knox's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Friends of Fort Knox's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Friends of Fort Knox at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Friends of Fort Knox's web site are provided "as is". Friends of Fort Knox makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Friends of Fort Knox does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Friends of Fort Knox or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Friends of Fort Knox's Internet site, even if Friends of Fort Knox or a Friends of Fort Knox authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Friends of Fort Knox's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Friends of Fort Knox does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Friends of Fort Knox may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Friends of Fort Knox does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Friends of Fort Knox has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Friends of Fort Knox of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Friends of Fort Knox's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maine without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
How We Collect Personal Information
- We receive personal information from clients in order to establish accounts in our systems on behalf of cardholders
- We manage web sites on behalf of clients that enable registered users and their authorized guests to access and manage accounts and user preferences;
- We give users the capability to “opt-in” to receive electronic communications from us on behalf of non-affiliated merchants participating in one or more of our card programs. Subsequently, we also provide users the capability to “opt-out” of such communications;
- We accept payments via credit and debit card at our secure web site. Credit and debit card information transmitted on-line is encrypted and received via secure page (HTTPS protocol). We do not use this information for any purpose other than to process the specific transaction(s) initiated by the user. Customers may elect to store credit or debit card information in our secure systems to simplify subsequent transactions. This information is protected by extensive information security technology and processes. Individual account information is password protected and available only to registered users.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information only as necessary to provide our service;
We do not monitor or collect information about individual user activity on our web sites. All personal information, however obtained, is considered confidential and used solely for the purpose of providing our service;
We send electronic communications to cardholders and guests with general program or individual, non-proprietary account information;
We send electronic communications to cardholders with offers from card-accepting merchants using our services;
We do not provide cardholder information to card-accepting merchants or others.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.